We talked about Labels vs. Names this week. From personal experience, I know how difficult it is to rip these labels off. Many of my attempts have left me with some of the backing and glue stuck to my soul. I’m learning the only way to truly rid yourself is with God’s truths. What does He say about you?
Here are some statements of truths we can speak to ourselves every day. They are reminders of the promises and truths found in Ephesians 1.
- God has blessed me with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ (v.3).
- He chose me before the foundation of the earth that I may be holy and without blame before Him (v. 4).
- I was predestined to adoption as a son/daughter by Jesus Christ to Himself; It was His good pleasure and will (v.5).
- I am accepted in the beloved (v.6).
- In Him I have redemption through His blood (v.7).
- I have forgiveness for my sins according to the riches of His grace (v. 7).
- He has made His grace to abound toward me in all wisdom and prudence (v.8).
- He has made known to me the mystery of His will; according to His good pleasure (v. 9).
- In Him I have obtained an inheritance (v. 11).
- I can trust Him; He works all things according to the counsel of His will (v. 11).
- In Him, I have been sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, because I trusted the gospel of salvation (v. 13).
- The Holy Spirit guarantees my inheritance until Jesus redeems His purchased possession, ME! (v.14).